The mobile app is designed for use by event organizers and staff at the entrance for an event. The current version (9.6.6) is no longer being updated. Version 10 of our Mobile Box Office app is only available in the iOS App Store, and we are looking to make that available for Android soon. Until then, version 9 for Android devices will be available for use in the Google Play Store.
Official Download Link
Google Play Store for Android phones and/or tablets (last updated Nov 18, 2021)
Download the complete PDF guide for your staff.
Gate App Functions
The mobile app for Evvnt Ticketing is made to process the following functions at the entrance of an event:
- Scan in ticket QR codes using the device camera
- Process ticket purchases using credit, cash/check, or comp (non-reserved tickets only)
- Search for and access existing orders to check-in pre-purchased tickets
NOTE: Currently, the gate app can NOT process the sale of tickets assigned in a seating chart. Use the desktop environment in these cases.
Additional NOTE for Android users: you may need to manually enable app access permissions for camera (for scanning in tickets) and location (for connecting to card swipers). Long press on the app icon and select the info option to enable these permissions.
Using the App
The first time you load the app it will ask you to login.
After logging in you will be presented with the Event List. This list will only show upcoming events. The three dots in the top right will give you an option to log out if needed.
Once you select an event, the default view will have an option to add new tickets to an order. The app will also show three options at the top: Scan Tickets, View Orders, and Dashboard.
Processing an Order
Select the relevant event from the events list and then use the drop down menu options to select the type of ticket and the quantity. Click "Add" to add the selected ticket(s) to the current order. Once all the tickets have been added, select "Review Order" to view the summary. The next step will offer options for taking payment.
Credit cards may be entered by hand or may also be collected via swiper (see more information here about the compatible swiper). You can also collect cash or check for payment. If you wish to provide a ticket for free, you can select "Comp" to make the order completely complimentary/free.
Are you worried about long lines for processing payment of new ticket orders at the gate? Create a QR code for your event ticketing page so users can buy their own tickets using their mobile device and display them immediately for scanning in.
- Create a ticket order in the mobile box office app
- Select "Swipe Credit Card" during checkout
- Ensure the card reader is turned on
- Select "Discover Readers"
- Click on the reader that is found.
- IF AN UPDATE IS NEEDED the wheel will continue spinning for up to 3 minutes. Do not interrupt this process. The middle two lights will flash when the update is done and the reader will connect.
- When it connects the light will turn steady blue (older black reader) or the first light will be solid green (newer white reader).
- If errors: ensure bluetooth is turned on on your device, check the Evvnt Ticketing app's permissions on your device and allow location and bluetooth, restart the reader and/or your device and try again.
Scanning QR Codes
Select the relevant event from the events list and then select the "Scan Ticket" option. This will load a scanned page. Your device should ask for permission to use your camera on your first use of the app. This permission is required to scan in tickets. When a QR code is scanned, the device should provide haptic feedback (a short vibration) to indicate it was successfully scanned.
Select the relevant event from the events list and then select the "View Orders" option. You will see a list of orders showing order number, name, and email address. To search by any of these values, tap in the search space above the list and start typing to filter the list.
Clicking on an order will show the tickets. Clicking on the tickets in this view will check them in and out.