When a customer buys a ticket for the first time their email address is logged in the portal's database. This first order is attached to that customer email address. Any new orders with the same email address will be connected to the existing customer and orders will display together on that customer page in the back office.
The Customer tab in the navigation menu (1 in the image below) will show all customers in the area named at the top of the page (2). If the portal name is shown at the top of the page then all customers in the portal with any type of order will be listed. If the organization name is displayed here (2) then only the customers with orders in that organization will show on the Customer page.
Clicking on a customer name (3) will show a list of all the orders associated with the user email address that are connected to the organization or portal.
Often times a ticket buyer will request that the tickets on an order be exchanged, refunded, or set aside at will call, among other things. All these adjustments can be made while viewing an order. The following options are available on an order page:
- Refund tickets on the order including all tickets or just selected items
- Exchange tickets to another event in the organization
- Release tickets to be resold
- Edit customer email or name
- Resend an email confirmation in case a user misplaces the original
- Change ticket delivery method for those that change their mind
- Print tickets or an order receipt, that can also be used to save these as a PDF to send via email
- See who processed the order for the organization (if it was an in-person transaction)
- See details about payment method and times
NOTE: Customer orders are saved in the relevant organization. This means that a portal user will need to ‘enter’ the organization before being able to make changes to any orders. You can enter an organization by clicking navigating to the organization list and clicking on the relevant organization on the list. You can tell you are in an org when the bold text in the top blue bar of the web app shows the name of the organization. Learn more about Navigating the Web App and User Access.
All of the details and additional options regarding these features are available in our knowledge base in the Manage Orders section.
Please sign in to leave a comment.