It is recommended that you have this information before you start creating an event:
- The date and start and end times of the event
- The name and address of the venue
- The price and number of tickets
If you want user to pick seats from a floor plan then that must first be created in the venue before you start creating the event. See here about how you can create a floor plan in the venue.
How to Create an Evvnt Ticketing page
Click on "Events" (1) and click the "+" button (2) to start creating an event.
Step 1: Basic Information
- *(required) The event name should be kept within a maximum of 40 characters in length. Keep it short and save any additional details of the event for the event description and not the event name.
- * The venue may already exist in our system. Clicking on the venue from the quick search results will select the venue. If the venue does not appear in the search results then you can use the "+ new venue" option to the right of the venue search box to create the venue.
- Pick the option available for the category that best describes your event.
- The timezone will already be set to the default timezone set for the user creating the event, but the time zone for the event can be changed here if needed.
- The type of event selected here cannot be changed after the event is created. Most events are considered "One-Time" events, even if they are multiple days long. Hover over the selection buttons to see a description of each type of event: Learn more about Ongoing and Recurring events here.
- * The event date, start and end times must be set. Once a ticket is sold for the event the date and time cannot change. If the event's end date is different than the start date then click on "Multi-Day Event?" to expose the "End Date" option.
- Event visibility will control where the event appears. A public event will appear in the site listings for the portal and organization. A private event will be available via direct link.
- Main image will be displayed in the event list and main page, it will always appear as a square. The recommended image size is 500 x 500 pixels.
- Featured Image will be displayed in the portal site main page carousel. The recommended image size is 1000 x 400 pixels.
- * Enter a description in this WYSIWYG editor with options to include formatted text, links, images, and video.
Step 2: Ticket Quantities and Prices
This step will take you through the ticket setup process. This step can be time-intensive, especially if you have several options for prices and specific dates and times for ticket sales to start or end. However, creating one ticket category and price will be sufficient for creating and saving the event. From there you can edit and add more tickets from the saved event. The numbers in this list correspond with the image below. The item2 with an asterisk are required to create an event.
- If you would like ticket buyers to select a reserved seat then the floor plan must be selected here. When no floor plan is selected, only General Admission tickets can be created. Ticket quantities and capacity will be set by the number of items in the floor plan if one is added here.
- * Creating a ticket will prompt you to create the Category first and then ask for the Ticket name and price. Check out "What is a Ticket Category?" for more information about how tickets are configured in our system.
- Once any ticket has been created, the "Create Event" button will allow you to save your event.
(If a Floor Plan is Added)
When a floor plan is added, you will be given the opportunity to assign ticket categories to seats in the floor plan. You can select "Finish Later" and edit the floor plan and assign ticket categories after the event is created. For more information on working with floor plans and venues, check out our chapter in the knowledge base for how to Manage a Venue.
Activating an Event ("Go live")
The default status for the toggle for publishing your event will be off (pictured below). It is recommended that you review and revise your event settings, adjust ticket settings, etc. To publish an event, click on the toggle switch next to the "Manage" or "Edit" buttons. When the toggle is blue the event will be published to the site and allow for tickets to be purchased.
Preview the Event
Click on the three dots next to the title of the event and you will see an option to "Preview" the event. You can also look at the edit section of the event and click on the URL to preview the ticketing sales page.
Make it a Virtual Event
Any new or existing can be a virtual event. This is done by selecting an online venue type and entering an Attendance URL. This URL is simply any link to a live video stream page or some other online meeting space. Simply enter the link and save the Event Basics.
The Event Attendance URL will be accessible on all e-tickets when the email confirmation is sent after any ticket is purchased. For this reason, it is recommended that you enter only the virtual event service domain (i.e. myvideo.com) and then queue up an email broadcast with the live event URL (i.e. myvideo.com/live/39181684) to be sent within a half-hour of the start time.
The information provided above is for creating the simplest event possible. For more event features, browse the options in this chapter of our knowledge base.