Events are created within an Organization. You must create an event to sell tickets. When created and published, an event will have a ticket sales page for public access to buy tickets.
- Have this info before you start
- How to Create an Evvnt Ticketing page
- Step 1: Basic Information
- Step 2: Ticket Quantities and Prices
- (Optional) If you need a floor plan
- Preview and Publish ("Go Live"!)
Before You Start
It is recommended that you have this information before you start creating an event:
- The date and start and end times of the event
- The name and address of the venue
- The price and number of tickets
How to Create an Evvnt Ticketing page
Step 1: Basic Information
- *(required) The event name should be kept within a maximum of 40 characters in length. Keep it short and save any additional details of the event for the event description and not the event name.
- * The venue may already exist in our system. Clicking on the venue from the quick search results will select the venue. If the venue does not appear in the search results then you can use the "+ new venue" option to the right of the venue search box to create the venue.
- Pick the option available for the category that best describes your event.
- The timezone will already be set to the default timezone set for the user creating the event, but the time zone for the event can be changed here if needed.
- The type of event selected here cannot be changed after the event is created. Most events are considered "One-Time" events, even if they are multiple days long. Hover over the selection buttons to see a description of each type of event: Learn more about Ongoing and Recurring events here.
- * The event date, start and end times must be set. Once a ticket is sold for the event the date and time cannot change. If the event's end date is different than the start date then click on "Multi-Day Event?" to expose the "End Date" option.
- Event visibility will control where the event appears. A public event will appear in the site listings for the portal and organization. A private event will be available via direct link.
- Main image will be displayed in the event list and main page, it will always appear as a square. The recommended image size is 500 x 500 pixels.
- Featured Image will be displayed in the portal site main page carousel. The recommended image size is 1000 x 400 pixels.
- * Enter a description in this WYSIWYG editor with options to include formatted text, links, images, and video.
Step 2: Ticket Quantities and Prices
- If you would like ticket buyers to select a reserved seat then the floor plan must be selected here. When no floor plan is selected, only General Admission tickets can be created. Ticket quantities and capacity will be set by the number of items in the floor plan if one is added here.
- * Creating a ticket will prompt you to create the Category first and then ask for the Ticket name and price. Check out "What is a Ticket Category?" for more information about how tickets are configured in our system.
- Once any ticket has been created, the "Create Event" button will allow you to save your event.
Optional: Default Tickets
There may be tickets pulled in from the venue that you selected. These are tickets you have created before that were saved as "Default Tickets" for this venue. You can delete these tickets and start from scratch or edit them to be more accurate to your new event. More info: Manage Default Tickets.
Optional: (If a Floor Plan is Added)
Preview the Event
Click on the three dots next to the title of the event and you will see an option to "Preview" the event. You can also look at the edit section of the event and click on the URL to preview the ticketing sales page.