Promo codes can be used to offer discounts on tickets to your customers. They can be used across all your events, limited to specific events, or limited to specific tickets within an event.
Note that the discount is applied per ticket, not per order. You can restrict how many tickets can be discounted in total, and you can limit the total number of tickets that can be discounted with the code in one order. However, there is not an option to prevent customers from using the promo code on repeat orders.
Navigate to the Promote tab in the main navigation and click on the Discount Codes card.
If this is your first Promo Code click "Add A Promo Code" or click the "+" button to begin the Promo Code creation workflow.
There are 3 different types of Promo Codes you can create. Select a Promo Type and click Continue to move to the Promo Code details.
After selecting your Promo Type you will be presented with the details. Here you will configure the basic settings for your Promo Code.
- Name - name your Promo Code something specific that distinguishes exactly what it is (i.e. Holiday Special, 18-19 Season Discount, Half Off Friday, etc.).
- Promo Code - this is the actual code that customers will enter to receive the discount. The code is not case-sensitive.
- Discount Type - select the type of discount you want. It can be a percent off, dollar off, or comp. Remember this is an amount off per ticket. If comp is selected, the ticket is free and there is no ticket fee.
- Amount - designate the amount of the discount (see options below).
- Start Date/Time - this will default to the current time. If you don’t want this Promo Code to start yet, set it to a future date.
- End Date/Time - this is an optional field. Set an expiration date or leave it blank and the Promo Code will never expire.
When you have configured the details for your Promo Code, click Continue to move on.
Currently not available:
- limit the amount of times a specific user can use a promo code
- create individual promo codes for many users
Constraints allow you to implement usage limits or restrictions to your Promo Code. If you enter a Total Tickets Limit your Promo Code will no longer be valid once the limit is hit. This is an optional field that can be left blank for unlimited use.
The other option is to limit the number of tickets that can be discounted in any given order.
If you selected the Promo Type "restrict to specific events", you will be presented with a list of all upcoming events for your organization. Here you can search and select the events you want this promo code to apply to. Select the checkboxes next to the specific events for which you would like your promo code to apply.
If you selected the Promo Type "restrict to tickets that I specify", you will be presented with a list of all ticket types to upcoming events for your organization. Here you can search and select the tickets you want this promo code to apply to. Select the checkboxes next to the specific ticket types for which you would like your promo code to apply.
Click "Create Promo Code" to create your promo code.