You can process orders from the Ticketing admin pages. This is available to all organization users. Portal users will need to scope into the organization to be able to process a sale.
"Add Order" (to collect all user information)
When you are logged into the Ticketing system admin pages, you will see a menu option to "Add Order". From there, you can advance to start an order with or without entering customer information first. You can always enter customer info in the last step of the process.
After the first page, you will be able to select an event and then select the tickets for the order. Simply continue to the payment page were you can enter name, email, credit card, and a billing address. When it is successful, an email will immediately be sent to the customer email address.
Express Checkout (for quick transactions at the event)
Express Checkout allows your staff to process orders quickly using the Ticketing system admin pages. This option is best if you are selling at the event and cannot use the mobile box office app. Find the event in the events list and click on the title. From there you will see an option for "Express Checkout". You will simply need to select the tickets and enter payment information. You will not enter any customer information and so no tickets will be sent by email. An order will be created under the name "Guest Customer". You will be given a chance to check in those tickets and then start a new order.
Mobile Box Office App (for quick transactions using mobile devices)
You can sell tickets at the gate with our mobile box office app. The mobile app cannot be used to sell tickets for events that use a floor plan in our system (Express Checkout is available for floor plan events). We recommend acquiring a card reader for reading credit cards using the app (cards can also be entered manually). The mobile box office app is available for iOS and Android devices. More info here: Mobile App Guide
Other Checkout Features
You can make any order for tickets complimentary. This is done in the last step on the payout page. Next to the credit card entry is a "Comp Order" option. This we remove all cost, including fees, and allow you to process an order for free.
Override Ticket Availability
Ticket sales start and end dates will prevent all tickets from being available at all times. There is an option in the "Add Order" process that allows you to see all tickets, regardless of sales start and end times. The option to see all tickets is a toggle to "Show all".
Orders processed in the web app will be subject to a box office processing fee. You can see your processing fee rates for your organization in your settings.
The Full Add Order Process
- Click on “Add Order”
- Search for an existing customer by name or email address OR select "Start order with guest" and you will add user name and email later.
- Select the type of order from the options at the top. The steps below are for a ticket order.
- Select the event (Note: buying tickets for more than one event will require more than one order)
- Select the quantities of tickets for each type and they will be added to the cart. Change the quantity to zero to remove them from the cart.
- Select Checkout
- If applicable to the event, the next step will ask any registration questions, provide waiver information, or provide a chance to add a donation to the order. All of these are options that must be enabled from within an event’s edit page.
- The final page will ask for customer information, which will be pre-filled if the customer was selected in the earlier step.
- Select the type of payment and enter the requested information.
- You can make this a complimentary order by toggling the “Comp Order” option, and the order will process with no revenue or fees assessed.
- Enter the billing information if the order is being paid by credit card.
- Select Place Order
- The order page will show the details of the order.