Version 3.6.17, released 12/26/2019
- Deprecated 'switch identities' function
Version 3.6.16, released 12/18/2019
- Added option for ending ticket sales at a set time "after event begins"
- Added days, hours, minutes fields for defining before/after durations for ticket sales
- Maintenance Release
- Dashboard improvements
- Security patches
- Updates to improve file uploads, such as images for events
- Various bug fixes and maintenance upgrades in seating charts
- Customers can purchase orders when logged in without any errors
Version 3.6.8, released 11/22/2019
- User Verification - All new users will receive a verification/welcome email (all existing users are verified).
- Removed the option to add a floor plan to an event after tickets have been sold
- Fixed package tickets not being included in Will Call batch print
- Fixed ability to remove Send In Mail delivery method option from an event
- Fixed private events not displaying in Email Broadcast dropdown
- Portal users can now create a self sign up embed code (beta)
- Feature gate created for defined features to be restricted to particular identities
- Updated Floor Plan list in Venues to display the owner of the floor plan
- Allow Geotix users to remove bank account information from Organizations accounts
- Fixed check on Mailchimp sync command that was blocking order notifications from sending
- Error resolved when attempting to exchange orphaned tickets
- Removed "create event" button from the event list for Organization Staff users
- Fixed error when attempting to release package tickets
- Fixed incorrect ticket available count on floor plans with tables
- Prevent removal/editing of sold seats on an active floor plan
- Fixed clearing of Early Access code tickets when an event is edited
- Fixed venue selector filter on the portal
- Clean up OrgPayoutByItem report to show correct processing fees
What's Fixed in this Maintenance Release
- Fixed errors trying to setup and use the Mailchimp integration
- Fixed registration questions over 64 characters not displaying answers
- Fixed functions related to custom registration questions
- Fixed error when entering an invalid zip code on the portal event filter
- Stopped allowing users to click ‘Publish’ twice on a floor plan
- Fixed portal name not displaying in Geotix reports
- Changed display to be more helpful when checkout fails due to ‘no implicit conversion of hash into array’
- Fixed error while searching for customers in the Geotix system-level user search
- Fixed error when trying to edit Geotix level Portal settings
- Fixed error when adding Google Analytics to a portal
- Fixed error when trying to update proccess_at date in the unpaid item allocations table
- Fixed error when syncing customer in Mailchimp as a System/Geotix user
- Fixed error when trying to pay for an order on hold
- Fixed error when trying to refund/release package tickets
- Fixed incorrect Total Transaction and Processing Fee amounts in the OrgPayoutByItem Report and Transactions Report
- Fixed error when customers were trying to purchase tickets with the Print Now delivery method selected
- Fixed error creating shipping addresses for customers
- Removed attempts to release holds on GA tickets that don’t have a floor plan
- Fixed missing template when using filters on category pages on the portal
- Fixed Sale by Ticket Category and Organization Payout History Report
- Fixed asset not being found in event Mailers causing them not to send or a 500 error while attempting to view
- Added allocation adjustments for payouts made in error due to the 11/5 release and fixed payout errors
- Fixed error while attempting to download Registration Report
- Integrated with the latest version of new floor plan editor
- Migrated all current Floor plans and booked seats
- Improved the Floor plan creation and managing workflow in a Venue
- Added Floor plans into Event creation
- Introduced venue owners (Organization that created the venue). Now, only owners can edit Venue details.
- Updated all reports with new allocation amounts
We released a number of items in preparation for utilizing a new payment processor, Stripe.
- Allow portals and organizations to enter bank info using Stripe.js
- Integrated with Stripe’s hosted onboard
- Migration to create Stripe Connect accounts for all portals and organizations
- Allow Geotix users to control if a portal is using Stripe or Forte
- Improved format of the Registration reports
Version 3.5.6, released 10/29/2019
- Fixed issues with some timezones names not being recognized
- Some events were not being created via our API, fixed that
- Removed unsupported "Login with Facebook" buttons
- Addressed a software vulnerability
- Our system integration (API) allows for partners to access our system with a user token (POST)
- In the other direction, integrated systems can grab an event summary report via GET
- The next phase in our custom event category feature has added a UI for system-level users
- Donations again have the ability to upload images to go with new funds, and also added donation amount options of $20 and $75.
- Orders are sorted on the event dashboard from newest to oldest
- Event dashboard elements updated to better handle ongoing events
- Fixed daily sales graph on Event manage page to reflect refunds on
- Fixed timezone issue on daily sales graph for the main dashboard
- All dialog boxes in admin will be more uniform
- Fixed address and state/province/country codes related to API integrations
- Partners can now POST organization user tokens
- Set all notifications off as the default for new admin/staff users
- Fixed users being orphaned when an organization is deleted
- Fixed 500 error in some auto-scrolling views
- Registration reports can now be exported from new event dashboard
- Admin can now process orders for private events
- Fixed sporadic error when running a report
- Added an empty state when report returns no results
- Fixed digest emails not sending or sending to wrong users
- Fixed event dashboard pages not responding when Ticket Inventory names had a single quote
- Event Dashboards got a complete makeover! All of the same features are there (plus a few more!), but it looks more than a little different. Read the full explanation here.
- We have added the (much sought after) ability to check-in tickets from the new Event Dashboard!
- There was an issue with digest emails routing to wrong users that is now fixed.
- An error when trying to feature an event from the edit event pages is fixed, so now portal owners can feature specific instances of a recurring event.
- We are preparing our categories so that organizers can choose more than one category for an event. This release is Phase 1 of that project.
- New categories list will be: Arts & Theater, Business, Classes & Workshops, Charity & Causes, Community, Concerts, Conferences & Expos, Entertainment, Festivals, Food & Drink, Health & Wellness, Hobbies & Interests, Holidays, Kids & Family, Lifestyle, Nightlife, Sports & Fitness, Travel & Outdoors, Tours & Attractions.
- New categories will be available to event creators in a future release, coming soon.
- Removed login using Facebook buttons (no longer supported)
- Upgraded search to new version
Version 3.4.6, released 9/26/19
- Added items under the hood to prepare for an improved UI for reporting.
- Fixed ability to "Add New Venue" when editing an event
- Fixed Waivers not turning off after being turned on in an event
- Fixed MailChimp Sync by Event
- Fixed a 500 error related to accessing tickets for recurring events.
- Fixed private events displaying in the Event list widget.
- Fixed event visibility not being saved properly.
New Options for an Event Status
- Events can now be marked as “Published” or “Unpublished”. This replaces the “Active/Inactive” status for events.
- An event that is “Unpublished” will not be visible online and orders will not be allowed to process.
- By default, all new events will be initially set as “Unpublished”.
But wait, there's more! You can now set an event as “Public” or “Private”.
- New Public or Private visibility options in the Event Basics section (see image below)
- A public event is fully visible on ticketing sites and search.
- A private event can only be accessed via a direct link.
- A private event will have an indicator shown in the event list and on the event summary page.
What does this mean?
- If you have an event for which you’d like to sell tickets then it must be Published.
- If you would like your event to be visible and easily found online, it should be marked Published and Public.
- If your event is for an exclusive group of potential attendees, it should be marked Published and Private and you will need to send a link for people to find it.
- The Organizations List will now be listed in order of 'most recently updated', not alphabetical.
- The Organizations List will now show the Portal name for Geotix users.
- Fixed a '500 error' when attempting to access tickets for recurring events. This was a very specific use case, that left seating charts orphaned.
Phase 1 features are released with a basic set of features that will be built upon and expanded in future releases.
- Event Categories (Phase 1) - Some things under the hood have changed to allow portals to create and manage event categories (users will notice nothing different). The next phase will include the UI for Portals to create and manage categories for events.
Updated API - now includes 'show_fees_to_customer' for events
- Removed the option to delete events when events are not deletable
- Fixed display issue with user menu
- Donations (Phase 1)
- A new UI for managing donation funds, now able to delete donation funds that have had no donations.
- Default questions removed from donation funds but will be adding custom questions in the next phase.
- Active/Inactive Organizations - A new toggle switch for Organizations! When an Organization is deactivated it will no longer be able to sell tickets, display event information on sites, and payments to them will not be processed.
- Fixed display errors on the Venue page on the Portal
- Fixed Inactive Organizations displaying on the Portal
- Fixed spelling error in Event Created email notification
- We released our API - Partners can use the API to GET Events, Organizations, Users and POST Events, Organizations, Users
- What does this mean? Partners can now sync information about events, organizations, and users from our system to their own.
- New Organizations with no events or users may be deleted.
- Added the ability for users in multiple Organizations/Portals to toggle between access levels without having to logout/login.
- Added consistent language for `Contacts` in Organizations, Events, Venues. (show, create, and edit)