The information below is a summary of the known issues that portal and organization administrators may encounter when using the Evvnt Ticketing app.
UPDATED: 2020-10-21 02:30 PM
- At this time, a customer may see a ZIP code error during checkout. They may be asked to enter a zip code twice, depending on the type of credit card. They will be asked once in the area where they enter their card information, and then again in the billing address field. If they have only one entered then it will reply "zip code not valid". That likely means they have entered the zip code in the billing address field and need to scroll back up and enter the zip code next to their card security code.
- Duplicate charges may exist for one order. From mid-September to October 21, some customers that received an error when purchasing tickets and then re-clicked the purchase button that created duplicate charges. We fixed this on 2020-10-21 so that no duplicate charges should be created in any cases where a user pushes purchase more than once. If you suspect a customer needs these additional charges refunded, please ask that they withdraw any payment disputes from their credit card provider and reach out to support so we can process a refund.
Payment and Banking Information
- When a negative payout balance exists for an organization's Stripe payout, that payout will not process and instead the negative balance will be held until there are positive ticket sales to offset the negative balance. There may be email notifications sent daily to some organizations in this situation that may lead them to believe there are being debited, but they will not be debited by a negative Stripe payout. This email should not be showing this held balance.
- Payment may be paused after receiving some payouts. This may occur for organizations connected to our payment processor, Stripe, as a business account. An EIN is required at some point for business accounts to be verified for payments. In some cases this can be entered from your Organization Settings page, but some organization's may be asked to reach out to support to update this information.
- Organizations will miss potential sales when there is not contact information set. This can be solved by adding contact information in the Organization Settings pages. Our support service does not manage orders so customers need to be able to contact you with questions and concerns about orders or potential orders. Please provide a phone number and a valid email address to monitor ticketing customer's questions. See more about updating your Organization Settings.
- Packages are no longer a supported feature. Currently, having a package that is active in your ticketing organization will block all existing event pages from loading. If your event pages will not load, then you must remove any packages in your organization.
- Event names or ticket names that are too long or have some special characters may cause issues. Please limit event and ticket names to 40 characters and avoid special characters if possible.
- When an image is first uploaded for an event, that image may not appear immediately on the site when saved. The image will load on the site in the next fifteen minutes when the event cache refreshes. To force the event cache to refresh, in this case, you can make any small edit to the title, save it, and then undo that edit and save it again. Updating the title of the event will "bust" the cache and force the event data to refresh immediately on the site.
- Early Access Codes are not enabled in our cart at this time.
Tickets & Ticket Design
- Printed PDF tickets will not display ticket names correctly with more than 40 total characters in the ticket category and ticket price level names. Please limit event and ticket names to 40 characters and avoid special characters if possible.
Gate App (Geotix Mobile App, iOS and Android)
- Users may find they cannot log in to gate app when a password has some special characters. This can be resolved by reseting your password. Using a browser: navigate to app.geotix.com, enter the user email address, select "reset password".
- The animated moving bar that indicates processing for a download is constantly moving after downloading an event report when there is no longer anything processing. To stop the animation you can refresh the page.
- Customer profiles may duplicate if emails or names are entered somewhat differently than before (capitalization seems to be a factor). There is currently no method to combine these users or transfer orders between users. These customers may not be able to login on your ticketing site, or, when logged in, may not see existing orders. Some attempts to edit the customer email address may resolve the issue, but in some cases the orders are attached to the wrong account and that cannot be resolved.
- Admin and staff cannot resend donation confirmations/receipts.
Missing Order Confirmations
- Order confirmations that are reported missing are typically found in a junk or spam filter.
- An email address may have been entered incorrectly. This can be fixed by viewing the customer page and editing the email address for that customer and resending the confirmation.
- Some accounts have legacy settings, seen in some Hotmail.com, AOL.com, or Outlook accounts, that have filters blocking any automated message. In these cases you may need to "print" the tickets as a means to save them as a PDF and then manually send them to the customer.
Floor Plans/Seating Chart
- Tables with no seats will receive "not found" error when attempting to publish a floor plan. In the past, adding a table with no seats was a way to place shapes in floor plans, but the seating chart editor now has a shape tool to draw placeholder shapes on floor plans. The error is fixed by replacing the empty tables with rectangles made with the shape tool.
- On mouse rollover, the customer will see the price of one seat even when a table is marked as for sale as one whole table. The "whole table" price is not visible until the whole table selection is added to their cart. The individual seats will all be added to the cart at once and the subtotal will show the whole table price.