*** DO NOT CONNECT TO CARD READERS IN THE BLUETOOTH SETTINGS, THE DEVICE WILL CONNECT IN THE MOBILE GATE APP. ***
Our mobile gate app can process in-person card and tap-2-pay transactions via the BBPOS Chipper 2X BT Reader. This card reader is exclusively for use with our mobile gate app, which is available for use on Android and iOS (iPhone or iPad) devices. The these card readers will not connect to laptops. The readers we provide are provisioned to work within our platform and no other Stripe readers or other swipers will be able to connect to our app.
If you would like to have one on hand for your events, you can call to order over the phone at 855-708-1078. You may also request a phone call from us via email at email@example.com.
Reader updates may need to be installed every 3-6 months. It is a good idea to test your reader connection in the days before your event. A reader will update when you attempt to connect it in the app. When you connect the reader and you see a non-stop spinning wheel, your reader is updating itself. This process can take up to 3 minutes. Do not interrupt a reader update. The middle lights will flash when the update is complete and your reader will connect.
The Stripe bluetooth card reader will use proximity with the mobile device to establish a connection. When the gate app is open and an order is ready to take payment, selecting the option to "Swipe Credit Card" will show an option to discover the card reader. Any reader within 2 meters of your device may be discoverable.
DO NOT CONNECTED THE CARD READER IN THE BLUETOOTH SETTINGS OF THE DEVICE.
To connect to the card reader:
- Create a ticket order in the mobile gate app
- Select "Swipe Credit Card" during checkout
- Ensure the card reader is turned on
- Select "Discover Readers"
- Click on the reader that is found.
- IF AN UPDATE IS NEEDED the wheel will continue spinning for up to 3 minutes. Do not interrupt this process. The middle two lights will flash when the update is done and the reader will connect.
- When it connects the light will turn steady blue (older black reader) or the first light will be solid green (newer white reader).
- If errors: ensure bluetooth is turned on on your device, check the Evvnt Ticketing app's permissions on your device and allow location and bluetooth, restart the reader and/or your device and try again.
Stripe provides detailed instructions here about what the indicator lights mean.
If you have consistent issues pairing the device, then you can try reseting the device and starting again. To reset the device you can use a paperclip to hold the "Reset" button, the small hole next to the plugin for charging. Holding that button for 10-15 seconds will reset the device and clear out any additional connections that may be interfering.